2. Taxes

You will need to acquire a Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN) and a state Combined Reporting System (CRS) tax number. If you are new to New Mexico you will need to make yourself familiar with the Gross Receipts Tax (GRT) here.

If you plan to have employees you will also need to speak with a tax accountant or contact the Internal Revenue Service and New Mexico Taxation & Revenue to obtain the rates and forms for: